Tag: 上海高级伴游

Value of city construction continues to lag behind

first_imgFORT ST. JOHN, B.C. — March numbers from City Hall show the downturn in the local economy continues to negatively impact construction in Fort St. John.Just five permits were issued last month and the value of construction was only $798,000 dollars, compared to $24 million in March 2015.When added to the year-over-year drops in January and February of close to $8 million and $2 million, the three month differential is about $33 million. The current year-to-date total of $5.7 million is less than 15 per cent of the $38.8 million total for the same period last year.- Advertisement -It’s a similar story when it comes to city revenue generated by the building permits, which stands at just over $28,000 for the first three months of this year, as compared to $194,500 for the first quarter of 2015.The numbers also raise some curious questions about the recent discussion associated with the cities current Development Cost Charges Program.Urban Systems has presented a report outlining potential changes for a new bylaw for the charges.Advertisement Given the current economic slowdown, an administrative report to City Council has suggested an updated bylaw at this time, with additional developer costs for roads, drainage and parks, to possibly deter the developers from completing projects.Citing its history of remaining neutral on municipal situations and how they tend to be different, CEO Scot Bone of the Northern Regional Construction Association also said, “We look forward to hearing what the outcomes of the discussion are going to be, and then once we see those outcomes, we will work very closely with our developers and members to see what the impacts might be.”Having worked for the City of Prince George, he says his experience suggests in some cases DCC’s are an effective tool, but in other cases they’re not.In Fort St. John they’ve been applied since 2012, and were phased in with an assist factor of 40 per cent in the first two years and then 25 per cent in 2014 and 2015.Advertisementlast_img read more

Read more…

GAA NEWS: TIR CHONAILL GAELS CLUB NOTES

first_imgTir Chonaill Gaels Club Notes 05/11/2012:Reserves: The reserve team returned to action last weekend after a long lay off with a championship semi final against Parnells.Played in Greenford in what can only be described as monsoon conditions the lads showed early signs of rustiness but as the half progressed they improved vastly.Making his first appearance of the season was the excellent Ronan Walsh who would not look out of place in the current senior team, along with David Cannon and Damian Donnellan in a miserly full back line.Vivian Browne had a sound game in the full forward line scoring three points from play and setting up a goal for Niall Gilleece. Playing with the wind in the opening half the lads chalked up 1-3 but that score line could have being easily trebled but for some poor finishing.The second half saw the Gaels with even more procession with Brendan Mc Antarnsay and Keith Morrow pushing forward and creating more scores.Overall it was an excellent team performance considering the conditions and now we can look forward to the final in two weeks time against Fulham Irish.The club wish Gary Kane a speedy recovery after sustaining a hand injury in the first half. Final score TCG 2-8; Fulham Irish 0-3.Fixtures:This weekend the seniors play their final domestic match of the season with the final of the Conway cup against KKG on Sunday in Greenford. The lads to date have won the Championship and league and lost in the final of the Tipperary cup, so a win here would be an excellent season’s work in town before our All-Ireland encounter against the Munster champions on December 16th.Our under 21 team play in the Championship final against Tara/Harlesden on Saturday at Greenford with a 2-30pm throw-in.The reserve team play against North London Shamrocks in the league semi final with time and venue to be confirmed.Please check local papers or the club website for confirmation of all of these fixtures. All support very much appreciated for all of these fixtures.Condolences:The club would like to pass on our condolences to club players Brendan and Daniel Friel on the loss of their sister in law Elaine last weekend in Donegal.Our prayers and thoughts are with their family at this very difficult time, may she rest in peace.Poker Classic:The club are happy to announce the return of our popular annual poker classic in partnership with bookmakers BET365 on Friday 14th December 2012.This event always creates a lot of interest with a good nights Craic guaranteed, entry fee for poker is £50 which includes a free pint and hot buffet.Maurice Carr who has won this for the last two years (sober) says he will take it easy this time around and will have the beer goggles on.There is only a limited number of 90 places available so book your seat early by contacting club secretary Stephen Mc Loughlin on 07788 723922.Lottery Results:Lotto results for 01/11/12Jackpot £2,500 Numbers drawn 2-13-21-23No jackpot winners, £25 lucky dip winners, Duggie, c/o TCG, Brendan Friel, c/o TCG, Lizzie Gray, TCG Wag, Porto Joe, c/o Conningham Arms.Next jackpot £2,550, draw takes place on 08/11/12Play online at www.tirchonaillgaels.comGAA NEWS: TIR CHONAILL GAELS CLUB NOTES was last modified: November 4th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:TIR CHONAILL GAELS CLUB NOTESlast_img read more

Read more…

Ajer over the moon following dramatic Celtic victory

first_imgThe Norwegian footballer was happy his side defeated Kilmarnock 1-0 at Rugby Park, on Sunday’s Scottish Premier League fixture.A single goal by Scott Brown in the last minute of the match gave Celtic the 1-0 win over Kilmarnock today in the Scottish Premier League.The game was played over at Rugby Park as Kristoffer Ajer replaced Jozo Simunovic to play his 29th match with the Hoops this season.“To be honest, there is no better feeling in football to win a game with a goal in the last minute,” said Ajer to the club’s official website.“That was an absolutely great feeling and Kilmarnock made it very difficult for us, as we expected. They’re a really strong side, and coming here is always difficult. To get three points away from home is always good.”“When you’re pushing for the win and get it in the last minute, that makes it even better. To get another clean sheet is great, to win 1-0 is a good feeling,” he added.“When you play that many games in the league, you have to focus on yourself, but it was a great opportunity for us to get another three points. We’re delighted to get that.”Mikey Johnston, CelticJohnston is disappointed after being injured Manuel R. Medina – September 11, 2019 Celtic winger Mikey Johnston was disappointed to miss Scotland Under 21 national team’s victories over San Marino and Croatia, and he hopes he can return to play soon.After the victory, Celtic is in the first position of the Scottish Premier League table with 60 points.The team has won 19 out of 26 matches, drawing three times and losing four games.“We’ve not been happy with the performances in the last games here at Rugby Park, but you have to really respect Kilmarnock, too. They’ve been fantastic in the last two seasons, and it’s one of the toughest places to come to,” the Norwegian added.“There’s a long way to go, but it’s games like this that are so important. To get three points is really good, but we’ve got a big game on Thursday, and then a tough game against Motherwell on Sunday after that.”BIG win! ➕3️⃣💪 pic.twitter.com/KqjcsVgLRn— Celtic Football Club (@CelticFC) February 17, 2019last_img read more

Read more…

Tesla bars staff from anonymous chat app after leaks

first_img Tags Tech Industry Car Tech Mobile Apps Roadshow Elon Musk Tesla Share your voice 0 Post a comment Tesla leaks are reportedly leading to employees being barred from using Blind. Nick Miotke/Roadshow Tesla has blocked employees from using anonymous workplace social network app Blind following leaks about the company, Blind has confirmed.Blind has said Tesla is blocking verification emails from its employees’ addresses so they can’t validate their accounts.  “We first found out about this issue through emails from Tesla employees who were trying to sign up on Blind but were not receiving verification emails from us,” Curie Kim from Blind told CNET in an email Tuesday afternoon. “We looked into the verification rates for Tesla and there was a surge in verification failure on our end starting on May 4th, 2019.” “From these facts, we can confirm that Tesla is preventing employees from accessing Blind,” Kim said. She explained it was similar to when Uber blocked Blind usage by employees back in 2017 after whistleblower Susan Fowler spoke up about the Uber working climate. Kim said more employees from more than 40,000 companies are using Blind, including 55,000 Microsoft staffers, 38,000 from Amazon, 16,000 from Google, 13,000 from Facebook, 11,000 from Uber and 10,000 from Apple. “Tesla is the only company that is blocking its own employees from accessing or signing up on Blind,” she said. As spotted earlier by Verdict, a Tesla employee had posted publicly on Blind in May about being unable to use the app.  “Why is Tesla opposed to their employees using Blind? We can’t access the app on the company network,” the post says. “Have to use phone data instead. And it seems they’re blocking emails from Blind too. I told a couple of co-workers about the app but they haven’t been able to receive a verification code to complete the sign-up process!” Variety said Tesla staff are also unable to use Blind via Tesla’s Wi-Fi network. Blind requires users to verify their account with a company email address but then keeps their identity anonymous in order to give “an equitable voice to everyone.” “Through anonymity and community, we aim to flatten corporate hierarchy and remove professional barriers in order to initiate open conversations and create transparency,” Blind says. The app features multiple channels for users: topics channels, private company channels, Tech Lounge and Startup Lounge. Tesla didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. Tesla CEO Elon Musk has meanwhile been trying to psyche his employees up to hit delivery targets, reportedly sending out an email last week top push hard while demand is high. Reports say Tesla’s current quarter could eclipse its 90,700 deliveries record. Originally published June 4, 2:18 p.m. PT.   Update, 3:49 p.m.: Adds confirmation from Blind. last_img read more

Read more…

Laptop juices smartphone in Intel demo at Computex w Video

first_img(Phys.org) — Intel sees a future where you simply, wirelessly, use your laptop to charge your phone. To prove its point, Intel pulled off a proof-of-concept charging feat this week at Computex where a laptop wirelessly powered a smartphone positioned alongside the computer. To demonstrate its action, Intel used an Acer Aspire laptop with a Samsung smartphone. The computer was shown as having a plug-in transmitter module on its right side, for the charging. The compatible phone, with its receiver placed alongside the laptop transmitter, started charging. A ping sound and notification confirm the connection has been made and the process is in effect. Explore further Citation: Laptop juices smartphone in Intel demo at Computex (w/ Video) (2012, June 8) retrieved 18 August 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2012-06-laptop-juices-smartphone-intel-demo.html This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only. Power instantly begins to flow from the laptop to the phone. How long would the exercise take to get a phone working? The demo rep was heard in the video saying “Bring it into your meeting, and by the end of the meeting, you have enough to go for the rest of the day.”Intel claims to be able to deliver up to three watts of power via the system, which is considered as more than enough to charge most mobile devices.While a knee-jerk reaction may be one of high hopes that this will be commercialized soon so that you need not lug around a phone charger when mobile, some tech watchers say to think twice. They are raising interesting questions about how useful this proof of concept may be. In fact, they suggest that possible power downsides could render the inconvenience of carrying around a phone charger trivial. Questions are raised about how much battery life might be sapped from the laptop to power the phone. As Technology Review comments, one may be put in a zero sum game if the phone is drawing down battery power from the laptop. Intel at Computex had earlier drawn visitors toward another charging demo, this time showing an easy charging option for a wireless keyboard. All one would need to do is place the keyboard on the base of the computer and it would begin charging. The user touches the base of the PC to activate the ability of the keyboard. There was no word on production versions. An Intel spokesperson said that the company has considered porting the technology over to other accessories.center_img More information: via The Verge NTT Docomo’s new smartphone features wireless charger © 2012 Phys.Orglast_img read more

Read more…