The indoor pool is to dive for.More from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach North7 hours ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa1 day agoAround two years on and the double-storey Hamptons-style home is unrecognisable.“Originally this was the best house in the best street, then it was the worst house in the best street and now it’s the best house in the best street again,” Ms Gregory said. 5 Julatten Drive has a tranquil setting with palm trees.The BoysTown prize home had been vacant for more than 20 years when Ms Gregory set her mind to saving the property from its “rack and ruin” state. “It was terrible,” she said.“We had to cut down 60 trees because the house was surrounded by trees and we couldn’t see the water.“The house sits really high and we still couldn’t see the lake, that’s how tall the trees had grown.“We couldn’t live in it when we bought it.” Relax in luxury at this Robina property.The Gregorys are reluctantly selling their property as family health issues have prompted a move to Canberra.Ms Gregory said the cherished restoration project would suit any type of buyer, even a couple like themselves. The kitchen is almost too good to use, according to homeowner Vicki Gregory.The couple added a 135sq m deck to the rear of the house, overlooking the lake.“There is so much birdlife on the water with ducks, swans and pelicans,” Ms Gregory said.“It’s a little oasis in the middle of Robina.” 5 Julatten Drive, Robina.MARK Gregory refused to get out of the car when he and wife Vicki first inspected 5 Julatten Drive, Robina. “The agent came around to the car window and made him get out,” Ms Gregory said.“He said, ‘You’ve got to be nuts, we can’t take on a project like this’.” The home opens to reveal a grand staircase.“They don’t make houses like this anymore.“Structurally there were no issues because it’s concrete so there were no cracks and we brought a builder on board who said, ‘If you don’t buy this, I’m buying it’.” Ms Gregory has a soft spot for the huge kitchen. “Everyone walks in and just goes, ‘Wow’,” she said.“It’s so nice I don’t want to get it dirty.”
Brazilian oil and gas services provider Ocyan, formerly known as Odebrecht Oil & Gas, has been awarded a contract for the Norbe VI rig by Petrobras. Norbe VI rig; Source: OcyanOcyan said in a statement on Monday that the Norbe VI rig had been rehired by Petrobras for a two-year period.According to Reuters, this is the first deal to be signed between the two companies since the bribery scandal involving Petrobras and a number of services providers erupted five years ago.The Norbe VI is a semi-submersible drilling rig with dynamic positioning capable of operating in water depths up to 2,400 meters and drilling wells up to 7,500 meters. The rig was built in 2010 and was under contract with Petrobras until 2018.Bassoe Offshore estimates that, under the contract with Petrobras, the Norbe VI will have a dayrate of $150 000. The contract start date is set for December 10, 2019.Following the contract with Petrobras, Ocyan noted that all of its rigs now have active contracts.“The signing of this contract with Petrobras shows that we are on the right track, as we kept Norbe VI preserved all this time for the return to the market, which occurred within the established goal. It signals that we have overcome all the challenges and prove our competence and operational excellence,” said Heitor Gioppo, Ocyan Drilling Unit Superintendent Director.The rig was one of those classified by Petrobras in the bidding for the contracting of equipment capable of operating in 2,000 meters of water depth in Brazilian waters delimited by geographic coordinates according to Concession Agreements, Assignment Agreements or Production Sharing Agreements.Norbe VI had been warm-stacked for ten months at Enseada Indústria Naval shipyard in Maragogipe, Bahia. There, the rig went through the various stages of the integrated preservation project, aiming to maintain its equipment and systems, that is, maintaining the integrity of the unit for future well intervention projects.In mid-August, the rig will arrive in Rio de Janeiro, Guanabara Bay, and will undergo a new phase of maintenance and adaptation to meet the requirements of this new contract.“We will bring the rig to Rio de Janeiro for final adjustments. Our forecast is to start work in the last quarter of 2019,” explains the executive.Marcos Sampaio, rig manager, said: “About 150 people work in one rig. The crew of the rig is prepared and motivated for the new contract.”The semi-submersible rig was already contracted by Petrobras and operated during the period from 2011 to mid-2018. Spotted a typo? Have something more to add to the story? Maybe a nice photo? Contact our editorial team via email. Also, if you’re interested in showcasing your company, product or technology on Offshore Energy Today, please contact us via our advertising form where you can also see our media kit.
Green’s decision to play in the G League did not occur in a vacuum. In recent years, due to the emergence of high school prospects who are more physically gifted and possess more developed skill sets than ever before, a groundswell of support has emerged in opposition to the one-and-done rule. But if more high-profile prospects follow Green’s lead and spurn the NCAA, college basketball might just return back to what made the league so great in the first place. Jalen Green, ESPN’s top 2020 high school basketball prospect in the country, announced Thursday that he would forego a college basketball career to sign a $500,000 G League contract instead. Green’s decision to monetize his talents is seemingly a crushing blow for the NCAA, which has been considered the best option for top prospects since the one-and-done rule was implemented in 2006. The players who make the greatest contributions to the sport aren’t the prospects who pass in and out of the college ranks for one year at a time but those who commit themselves to a program for multiple years. “I think the NBA is doing it as a big middle finger to the NCAA,” an anonymous NBA agent said per Yahoo Sports. “This is how it’s going to be, we’re going to take control of the development of top players.” Since news of Green’s decision to sign a G League contract broke, much has been made about the tension between the NBA, which has a vested interest in securing the rights to top prospects right after their high school graduation, and the NCAA, which has openly defended the one-and-done rule and depends on one-and-done players for its high-end talent. Players’ affiliation to the school name on the front of their jerseys will always resonate with fans more than the star power of the last name on the back. Though UCLA is often not the best or most talented opponent on USC’s basketball schedule, the emotion and tradition associated with the crosstown rivalry make it the most attended game at Galen Center every year. However, rather than dwelling on the highly rated players that college basketball will lose out on, the NCAA and its fans should welcome the decline of one-and-done prospects who play college basketball for a single season and then depart as soon as they are eligible for the NBA. Though college basketball’s top-end talent would suffer if high school prospects moved en masse to the G League, the intangible features of college basketball that sustain the sport — tradition and fandom — would continue. If anything, due to increased continuity on college basketball teams’ rosters, they might even be enhanced. In terms of players’ talent level and the pure quality of basketball, college hoops will never be able to compete with the NBA no matter how many talented high school players come through. Instead, what makes college basketball special and what appeals most to its millions of fans across the country is a combination of school spirit, tradition and passion. Despite the fact that a few prolific one-and-done players have passed through USC, those who have had the greatest impact on USC basketball are the four-year players that Trojan fans watched steadily improve during their USC careers. I’m talking Jordan McLaughlin, Elijah Stewart, Bennie Boatwright, Jonah Mathews and Nick Rakocevic. These players embody college basketball’s success, and with more players like them, college basketball might get even better. Green’s decision to pursue a Select Contract might mark the beginning of a broader trend. Only one day after his decision, No. 14 prospect Isaiah Todd joined Green and decommitted from the University of Michigan to sign his own Select Contract. When the NBA’s efforts to abolish the rule stalled last year, Commissioner Adam Silver, who has vocally opposed the rule, spearheaded the creation of $500,000 Select G League contracts intended to attract the nation’s top prospects. Jake Mequet is a junior writing about sports and law. His column, “Court in Session,” typically ran every other Monday.