Tag: 爱上海DQ

No Man’s Land & Waiting for Godot, Starring Patrick Stewart & Ian McKellen, Extends & Changes Schedule

first_imgThe critically acclaimed hits No Man’s Land and Waiting for Godot currently running in repertory starring Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart, have been extended through March 30 on Broadway. The limited engagement was slated to close March 2 at the Cort Theatre. Additionally, the final two weeks ending March 23 and March 30 have a modified schedule, with the number of Godot performances increasing to six and those of No Man’s Land decreasing to two. In addition to real life besties, Stewart and McKellen, Waiting For Godot and No Man’s Land stars Tony winners Shuler Hensley and Billy Crudup. Godot features Stewart as Vladimir, McKellen as Estragon, Crudup as Lucky and Hensley as Pozzo. No Man’s Land features Stewart as Hirst, McKellen as Spooner, Crudup as Foster and Hensley as Briggs. Star Files Waiting For Godot View Comments Show Closed This production ended its run on March 30, 2014center_img Waiting For Godot tells the story of two wanderers who wait by a tree to meet with Godot, whom they hope will change their lives forever. No Man’s Land concerns two elderly writers who meet in a London pub and continue drinking through the night, until their relationships are exposed by the return of two younger men. Related Shows Ian McKellen Patrick Stewartlast_img read more

Read more…

Trade tribunal slights most steel safeguards says import restrictions not warranted on

first_img Recommended For YouLondon house prices fall at fastest rate in a decadeFrance says Facebook’s Libra not yet viable as G7 minister meetSouth African subsidiary of carmaker Ford to add 1,200 jobsJoe Fresh baby sun hats recalled over fears of potential choking hazardFacebook to face more scrutiny from Congress on Libra More Naomi Powell Trade tribunal slights most steel safeguards, says import restrictions not warranted on 5 of 7 products The report is a recommendation, not a ruling and Finance Minister Bill Morneau is free to take a different course if he chooses Facebook Comment April 3, 20198:25 PM EDT Filed under News The results are a blow to the Canadian Steel Producers Association, which has been pushing for the measures since early last year.“We are disappointed and concerned with the Tribunal’s recommendations. Since the temporary safeguards came into force, they have stabilized the Canadian steel market and limited the amount of steel that was being diverted to Canada,” Catherine Cobden, president of the association representing integrated steel producers ArcelorMittal Dofasco, Stelco and Algoma Steel. “Furthermore, the continued surge of low-priced imports and deteriorating market conditions that have persisted following the conclusion of the CITT’s hearing were not considered and further supports the imposition of final safeguard measures.”If the Minister of Finance does not put in place final safeguard measures on all 7 products by May “the steel industry in Canada is threatened with a loss of jobs, significant community impacts, market share erosion, and growing investment uncertainty.”However, the findings were welcomed by representatives of the construction industry and downstream manufacturers that rely on steel imports to make their products. They have warned that the safeguards could create a supply crisis, driving up the cost of steel and exacerbating shortages at a time when Canada’s retaliatory tariffs on the U.S. have already cut off supply from the U.S.“The CITT analysis of the evidence calls into question the government’s analysis and the motivation that gave rise to these safeguards,” said Jesse Goldman partner in international trade and investment at Borden Ladner Gervais, representing he Canadian Coalition for Construction Steel.The measures have also received pushback from both inside and outside the country – with several of Canada’s international trading partners, a number of provinces and private businesses warning they would threaten infrastructure projects and investments by creating shortages and raising the cost of steel. Join the conversation → Ongoing safeguard measures are warranted on just two of the seven steel products that were subjected to emergency import restrictions by Finance Minister Bill Morneau in October, according to a much-anticipated report from the Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT) released Wednesday.In what it called “one of the most complex inquiries” it has ever conducted, the quasi-judicial body held hearings over several weeks in January as to whether the provisional safeguards imposed on seven different steel products in October should be made final. The step would see the safeguards extended from a maximum of 200 days to up to three years.A review of the evidence by the three judge panel concluded that only two products, steel plate and stainless steel wire, “are being imported in such increased quantities and under such conditions as to be a principal cause of a threat of serious injury to the domestic industry.” Alberta, B.C. say steel safeguards are undermining infrastructure projects Canada’s trading partners push back against steel safeguards Canada to impose steel safeguards, including quotas and tariffs However in the case of the remaining five products — concrete reinforcing bar, hot-rolled sheet, energy tubular products, pre-painted steel and wire rod — the Tribunal found there was either no significant increase in imports or that the increase detected had not caused injury.“Our Government is carefully reviewing the CITT’s findings and recommendations before deciding on next steps and will respond in the coming weeks,” said Pierre Olivier Hebert, spokesperson for Finance Minister Bill Morneau. “We will continue to work with affected businesses and workers in the steel, aluminum and manufacturing industries, to ensure they have the support they need.Morneau took the unprecedented step of imposing the provisional safeguards in October, arguing the immediate tariffs and quotas were necessary on all seven products in order to shield domestic producers from a flood of imports diverted into Canada as a result of U.S. tariffs on steel and aluminum. It was the first time the measures — considered emergency actions by the World Trade Organization — have ever been imposed in Canada ahead of a full, independent review of the evidence by the CITT.The report is a recommendation, not a ruling and Finance Minister Bill Morneau is free to take a different course if he chooses. He is expected to make a decision by mid-May when the provisional measures are set to expire.We are disappointed and concerned with the Tribunal’s recommendations 0 Comments advertisement Finance Minister Bill Morneau speaks to reporters after touring of one of ArcelorMittal Dofasco’s galvanizing mills in Hamilton, Ont., on Aug. 14, 2018.Peter Power/The Canadian Press Reddit Sponsored By: Email What you need to know about passing the family cottage to the next generation Share this storyTrade tribunal slights most steel safeguards, says import restrictions not warranted on 5 of 7 products Tumblr Pinterest Google+ LinkedIn Featured Stories Twitter ← Previous Next →last_img read more

Read more…