With former India skipper Rahul Dravid set to depose before BCCI Ethics Officer D.K. Jain on Thursday over the conflict of interest allegations leveled against him, it has come to the fore that National Cricket Academy (NCA) head Dravid has not resigned from his position in India Cements. While Committee of Administrators chief Vinod Rai had announced that Dravid had resigned, the official documentation shows that he has only been granted leave of absence by the company for his engagement with the BCCI.In the letter, accessed by IANS, India Cements Senior General Manager G. Vijayan has clearly mentioned to Dravid that he is being granted leave of absence for an initial period of two years so that he can honour his commitment with the BCCI as NCA head.”We state to confirm that we have No Objection to your proposed contract with the BCCI in respect to the position of Head of Cricket at the National Cricket Academy as described in your letter.”We hereby grant you leave of absence from your employment during the term and tenure of your engagement with the BCCI, for an initial period of Two (2) years,” the letter read.CoA chief Rai in a recent interview with a national newspaper had said that Dravid had resigned from India Cements so that he wasn’t conflicted.”In his report, Justice Lodha has given about 20 examples of conflict of interest. So the issues are very clear. We abide by them 100 percent. Since you took certain names Sourav Ganguly is in conflict since he is president of the Cricket Association of Bengal. No dispute about it. Rahul Dravid was (in breach) because he was employed by India Cements. He has been made to stop that. You can check-up. There is a resignation,” Rai had said.advertisementMadhya Pradesh Cricket Association life member Sanjeev Gupta had complained against the former India skipper citing a conflict in his role as the head of NCA alongside being an employee of India Cements.Also Read | BCCI Ethics Officer to decide Rahul Dravid and Mayank Parikh’s conflict on ThursdayAlso Read | Why the BCCI was reluctant to become NADA compliant
The province’s police watchdog has cleared OPP officers in the arrest of a man last month in Puslinch.On Nov. 23, OPP officers from the Wellington County detachment arrived at a home on Gore Rd. with an arrest warrant for a 30-year-old man. The Special Investigations Unit was called in after that man sought medical attention while in police custody.The investigation found that the man ran off when he saw the police cruiser and tripped and fell when looking back at the house. The man returned home, where he was arrested, and was taken to hospital for treatment.The SIU says the man’s injury was caused by the fall and there was no police involvement. The investigation has been terminated.The SIU is called any time there is a death, injury or sexual assault allegation involving police.