Press Association The 35-year-old will walk away from the club he joined at the age of 14 and for which he has made 696 appearances, scoring 66 goals. He has won every major club honour with the Blues, including the Champions League in 2012, four Premier League titles, five FA Cups, three League Cups and the 2013 Europa League. Terry had been hoping to secure a 12-month extension but was informed by the club of their decision prior to last week’s win at Arsenal. And the former England captain made Chelsea’s decision public following a 5-1 FA Cup win at MK Dons on Sunday. “It’s not going to be a fairytale ending, I’m not going to retire at Chelsea,” he said. “My agent made the call like we do every January. He got told over the phone and I called to set up a meeting the following day. “I wanted to hear it face to face. They told me. Unfortunately it’s not going to be. “I feel as though I’m in great nick, I’m playing great and I’ve got a couple of years to go. It’ll just be elsewhere.” Chelsea have endured a season of struggle, with Jose Mourinho leaving for the second time in December, and now their talismanic skipper will be moving on. He is yet to decide where, except outside of England, and big-money offers are likely to come in from Major League Soccer and the Chinese Super League. There is one small glimmer of a playing future for Terry at Chelsea, if Mourinho’s permanent successor deems his services are required. Terry added: “Ideally I would have loved to stay, but the club’s moving in a different direction. “I needed to know now like I have done every January and sometimes it takes a couple of months to get done. Unfortunately, it was a no. “They said that when the new manager comes in, things might change. It’s a no at the minute. It took me a couple of days to get over.” Terry’s star has waned at Chelsea since last season, when he was a pivotal figure in the Blues’ first Premier League title in five years. The defender played every minute of all 38 Premier League games. But in the second Premier League game of this term, at Manchester City, Terry was substituted at half-time in a 3-0 loss. Terry was not the automatic choice he had been in Jose Mourinho’s first spell thereafter. He came out in support of the Portuguese, denying speculation of a falling-out, before Mourinho was sacked in December. Terry’s season high-point so far was a controversial late goal against Everton two weeks ago. He was offside when he scored eight minutes into stoppage time to earn a 3-3 draw. Afterwards Terry spoke of his desire to stay on at Chelsea, while interim boss Guus Hiddink sang his praises. Yet now it will be a long goodbye. Terry added: “I couldn’t play for another Premier League club. It will be elsewhere for sure. “I don’t know where and I leave that to the people in charge.” Terry’s career has been punctuated by controversies and he is a divisive figure in the game, but not at Chelsea. He added: “The club will move on. No player is ever bigger than the club. No doubt they’ll sign one or two great centre-backs. “I want to come back as a Chelsea supporter in years to come with my kids and see the team doing great. “Unfortunately that’s not going to be with me, but I want to see the team do well. “It’s going to be my last year and I want to go out at the top. “We spoke about my legacy and coming back to the club when I finish. The most important thing now is to get us up the league. “I want to give everything and finish on a high, on 100 per cent good terms with the club.” Chelsea later suggested Terry could yet be offered a new deal. A club spokesman said: “John requested a meeting with the club the week before last. “In that meeting he asked about the possibility of an extension to his existing contract. “John was advised that while no new deal was currently on the table, that situation could change in the coming months. “The club has the utmost respect for John and everything he has helped us achieve to date. “He is a fantastic servant of Chelsea Football Club and a superb captain and, as such, the club will keep the channels of dialogue open.” John Terry has announced he will be leaving Chelsea this summer, saying: “It’s not going to be a fairytale ending.”
Crediting love, support and prayers from family,friends and millions of viewers, Jeopardy host Alex Trebek says the progress he is making against stage 4 pancreatic cancer is “mindboggling.”Alex Trebek Reveals Some of His Tumors Have Shrunk by 50 Percent: ‘It’s Kind of Mind-Boggling’ https://t.co/VrYncDAZYJ— People (@people) May 29, 2019 Trebek told People magazine that in the past few months since his diagnosis the tumors have shrunk significantly and he plans to beat the aggressive and deadly cancer.Trebek is preparing to start taping the 36th year of Jeopardy in the next few months.
Last week, the US president announced a possible 5% tariff on goods from Mexico as part of a combative measure against the influx of migrants coming to the US from the southern border.After hours of negotiations, the US Department and Mexican Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard reached a deal, officials say.As part of the deal, Mexico will reportedly invoke an Enforcement Surge to stop migrants on the way to the US border.Additionally, the country is putting new guidelines in place called Migrant Protection Protocols for handling those who cross the border to seek asylum in the US that will allow the US to return them to Mexico swiftly.Unconfirmed reports suggested that Trump was using the tariffs as a tool to get his infamous wall built by Mexico.However, the Trump administration’s deal with Mexico does not include the construction of a wall.Related content:Tariff, immigration talks with Mexico will resume today, says Trump President Trump announced via Twitter Friday evening that the US and Mexico had reached a deal to avoid his proposed tariffs set to go in effect on Monday.….stem the tide of Migration through Mexico, and to our Southern Border. This is being done to greatly reduce, or eliminate, Illegal Immigration coming from Mexico and into the United States. Details of the agreement will be released shortly by the State Department. Thank you!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 8, 2019
Tropical Storm Jerry has formed in the eastern Atlantic Ocean. At 5 a.m., the center of Tropical Storm Jerry is moving toward the west-northwest at about 13 mph. on a forecast track toward the northern Leeward Islands Thursday night or Friday.Tropical Storm Jerry Advisory Number 4NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL102019500 AM AST Wed Sep 18 2019…JERRY BECOMES THE TENTH NAMED STORM OF THE 2019 SEASON…SUMMARY OF 500 AM AST…0900 UTC…INFORMATION———————————————-LOCATION…14.1N 47.7WABOUT 960 MI…1545 KM E OF THE LEEWARD ISLANDSMAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS…45 MPH…75 KM/HPRESENT MOVEMENT…WNW OR 290 DEGREES AT 13 MPH…20 KM/HMINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE…1004 MB…29.65 INCHESWATCHES AND WARNINGS——————–There are no coastal watches or warnings in effect.Interests in the northern Leeward Islands should monitor theprogress of this system.And then there’s Imelda, flash flood watches remain in effect in southeast Texas and southwest Louisiana as Tropical Depression Imelda continues moving north.
West Palm Beach Fire Chief Diana Matty recently told 850WFTL about the COVID-19 crisis and how her paramedics are handling it. The health department is reporting Palm Beach County has climbed past 9,000 coronavirus cases with the second highest death toll in the state at 71 behind Miami-Dade. The statewide total stands at nearly three thousand deaths from COVID-19.In March, Chief Matty was concerned about a shortage of PPE’s but now her department has plenty of masks. In fact, she says none of her paramedics or fire fighters have contracted or tested positive for COVID-19 despite responding to numerous calls. Chief Matty says everyone wears a mask even when responding to a traffic accident and adheres to proper protocol.In addition to talking about whether anyone in her department has gotten sick and if they have enough PPE’s, she says there has been an increase in 911 calls asking for transport due to complications from the illness. She says people with comorbidities go downhill fast and need help quickly adding that in addition to calling an ambulance, you can present to the nearest emergency room if you are having breathing problems.Chief Matty also addressed another local health risk, the opioid crisis in Palm Beach County. She says the numbers of overdoses and halfway houses are intertwined in Palm Beach County and both have greatly diminished since 2017. She covered everything from “available resources,” “excited delirium” in reference to the George Floyd case, and how to prevent “children” from overdosing on grandma’s cancer pain medications in the home.Chief Matty explains in the case of excited delirium, some people high on cocaine, heroine or meth can get into a frenzy, jump on cars, and even climb trees. She says it takes several people to subdue them and eventually tranquilize them in order to transport them safely to the hospital. In many cases Chief Matty describes people taking a cocktail of street drugs which lead to out-of-control bizarre behavior.Listen to the full interview with West Palm Beach Fire Chief Diana Matty’s full interview here.SFS Chief Matty Opioid Covid Kids
A Florida man has been arrested after he accidently shot his friend with a rifle.The incident occurred Thursday night at the suspect’s home in Palm Harbor.The Pinellas County Sheriff’s department reported that 26-year-old Shea Michael Harkins and the victim, 26-year-old Sean Cook, were playing video games in Harkins’ room when Harkins decided to pick up a Colt M4 rifle he had been customizing. Harkins’ believing the gun was not loaded, then aimed the rifle at Cook as a joke.Cook then said “What are you going to do, shoot me?” and that’s when Harkins pulled the trigger.Cook was struck in the chest with a bullet and taken to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead.Harkins was arrested and taken to the Pinellas County Jail where he remains as of Friday morning. It is unclear if he has legal representation.
Baseball is back and the president says he will soon be throwing out the first pitch for the New York Yankees. And, the President should do a much better job from the mound than Dr. Anthony Fauci who threw out the first pitch (sort of) at last night’s Yankee’s game. Trump actually played the game.Last night, the Yankees topped the defending World Series Champion Nationals 4-1 in D.C. But, Before the game, Doctor Anthony Fauci threw the ceremonial first pitch and it went wide left and bounced then he went for the fist bump with the catcher who was winded after chasing the ball. Fauci has been the face of leading America’s efforts to combat the coronavirus. In the nightcap, Dodgers win 8-1 win at home over the rival Giants. Marlins play Philly tonight. President Donald Trump said Thursday he’s agreed to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at a New York Yankees game on August 15, marking the first time he’ll take part in the longstanding presidential tradition.In 2010 he told MTV that “I was captain of the high school baseball team and I was supposed to be a professional baseball player.” He went on to say, “Fortunately, I decided to go into real estate instead. I played first base and I also played catcher. I was a good hitter. I just had a good time.”A former teacher of the future leader of the free world told Rolling Stone that Trump was once scouted by the Philadelphia Phillies and reportedly the Boston Red Sox took a peek at Trump’s prowess on the diamond as well.Thankfully Trump was too smart to play baseball professionally and instead became President of the United States.
Bio Isle au Haut is park’s remotest spot – July 15, 2016 Amanat KhullarAmanat Khullar is a sports reporter for the Mount Desert Islander. She comes from New Delhi, the capital city of India and graduated from Columbia University’s Graduate School of Journalism. Latest posts by Amanat Khullar (see all) Island Explorer buses ease congestion, cut pollution – July 15, 2016 Schoodic Center is Acadia’s education arm – July 15, 2016 Latest Posts BAR HARBOR — The Ellsworth Eagles had the Mount Desert Island High School varsity girls’ basketball team sweating for every point it scored, but the Trojans refused to back down and pulled away for a 41-34 victory on Tuesday night.Senior Sierra Tapley scored a game high of 15 points. Kelsey Shaw contributed nine.“It’s always a battle when we play each other, so it’s always fun,” MDI coach Brent Barker said. The Trojans now stand at 7-1 on the season while the Eagles dropped to 7-2.The Eagles scored the first points of the game and took an early lead. The Trojans quickly answered back, trailing closely behind until the end of the quarter when MDI’s Maya Watras banked a 3-pointer to help the Trojans take an 11-8 lead.This is placeholder textThis is placeholder textThe Trojans’ defense came on strong in the second quarter, allowing eight points to the Eagles — half of what they themselves netted. Tapley added 13 points in the quarter, including a 3-pointer to build a 29-17 halftime lead.After MDI’s loss to Presque Isle last week, Barker said the team’s focus was on improving their defense.“I really thought we had a good defensive intensity tonight,” he said. “[We] kind of made them give everything they got.”The Eagles fought hard in the second half, outscoring MDI 10-6 in the third quarter.Kate Whitney racked up eight points for Ellsworth, including a 3-pointer.Barker commended Ellsworth coach Andy Pooler for building the Eagles into a tournament contender.“He does an unbelievable job with them,” Barker said.The intensity built up in the final quarter when Ellsworth’s Caitlin Bean began the scoring and the team trailed by just three points.“The league is tough. Everyone looks at this game and says who is going be the better one,” Pooler said. “We’re proud of the way we battled back and got it to where we had a chance to win the game.”Even though the Eagles led in scoring in the final quarter, it wasn’t enough to close the gap. Shaw’s 3-pointer helped MDI seal the 41-34 victory.“It’s one of those rivalry games; both teams are very good coming in [and] we just hope to compete,” Pooler said. “Overall [it was] an excellent game, nothing to be ashamed about.”Pooler said even though his team “dug ourselves too much of a hole early on,” he was impressed to see them battle back. “I saw some good things out of the girls, some good drives. If we get down, we can pull ourselves up.”The Eagles are set to take on Houlton on Saturday at 2 p.m. The Trojans will play Mattanawcook Academy at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday.WA 52, Sumner 29Caitlyn Lyons poured in 27 points to power Washington Academy (4-6) past Sumner (4-8) on Tuesday.Casco Haley paced Sumner with eight points, and Taya Moore posted six.DI-S 37, Sumner 33Ally Eaton led all scorers with 21 points to propel Deer Isle-Stonington (3-5) to victory over Sumner on Monday. Ashley Haskell chipped in with eight points for DI-S.Taylor Merchant led Sumner with 12 points, and Taya Moore added 11.Ellsworth 50, GSA 41Madison Card scored nine of her 13 points in the fourth quarter to help Ellsworth seal the win over George Stevens Academy (6-3) on Saturday.Kate Whitney added 11 points while Sammy Mason had eight for Ellsworth.Morgan Dauk paced GSA with a game-high 24 points, including going 12-for-14 from the foul line.DI-S 44, Greenville 24Ally Eaton scored a game-high 24 points to propel Deer Isle-Stonington past Greenville (0-6) on Saturday.Presque Isle 80, MDI 57MDI lost to Presque Isle (7-1) on Thursday.Ellsworth 64, Caribou 41All 10 Ellsworth players scored en route to their win over Caribou (1-6) on Thursday.Madison Card led the way with 12 points, and Callie Hammer added 11. Caitlin Bean chipped in with 10 points.Calais 58, Bucksport 49Bucksport (2-7) lost to Calais (6-2) on Wednesday.MDI 71, Caribou 50MDI went on an 18-4 run midway through the first quarter to break open a close game and defeat Caribou on Wednesday. Kelsey Shaw led MDI with 19 points, and Sierra Tapley added 16 points.Presque Isle 63, Ellsworth 38Emily Wheaton scored 21 points to lead Presque Isle past Ellsworth on Wednesday.For Ellsworth, Madison Card tallied 11 points.
Bengaluru: Bengaluru FC has announced Kean Lewis contract renewal, as the winger committed his future to the Blues signing a deal that will keep him at the club until the end of the 2019-20 campaign.The TATA Football Academy (TFA) graduate was part of the Mahindra United academy where he played at various youth levels, and signed with Bengaluru ahead of the 2018-19 season. Kean Lewis, 26, claimed the assist for Erik Paartalu’s winner against ATK at the Fortress, and was instrumental in several appearances off the bench in Bengaluru’s run to the Indian Super League trophy.“I’m very happy to have signed on with Bengaluru FC for another season. I was given the opportunity to play in several positions last season, which shows that the coach has faith in me. It gives me more chances to play, which was a key factor in my decision. Further to that, the team, the management, and the core of the club is intact, which bodes well for our chances of retaining the title and I’m really looking forward to that,” said Kean Lewis, after completing the formalities on his one-year deal.Carles Cuadrat, the manager of Bengaluru FC who has also signed on with Bengaluru for two more seasons, said that he was happy to see Kean back in the fold.“We’re happy to offer Kean another year because he’s been an important player for us throughout the course of last season. Kean made a difference coming off the bench in crucial moments and whenever we needed him. As a player who understands the philosophy of this club and our style of play, we stand to benefit from having him as part of the squad for another year,” said Cuadrat. IANSAlso Read: SPORTS NEWS
Derby: Derby County, an EFL Championship football side, have charged two of their players with drink-driving following a car crash that left team captain Richard Keogh with a season-ending knee injury. According to an ESPNFC report, Derby said in a statement that Mason Bennett and Tom Lawrence have been fined “the equivalent of six weeks’ of their wages and will serve an additional 80 hours of community and rehabilitation, which will include a drinking awareness course. BBC quoted the club as saying that it “will not tolerate any of its players or staff behaving in a manner which puts themselves, their colleagues, and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse, or which brings the club into disrepute.” The incident took place on September 24 when Keogh was reportedly in the back seat of a car that crashed into a lamppost. Bennett said: “Being a footballer and someone who young fans look up to I know the example I set is key. I am ashamed. At 23 I am old enough, and I was brought up, to know better.” (IANS) Also Read: Former England captain Wayne Rooney to Join Derby County as Player-cum-CoachAlso Watch:Durga Puja 2019 : ISRO Themed Durga Puja Pandal at Chatribari